Thank you is one of the first magical words that have been taught at the school and as we grow up, we tend to use this very less.
There can be few reasons for the same:
- We are always looking for bigger happiness, that we forget to thank the smaller ones on the way
- We keep on setting milestones for ourselves one after another and often miss thanking our support system on the way
- We intentionally or unintentionally are so busy that we don’t pause and thank all that we have as on date
- We as humans always wait for the right time to do things and that right time never comes.
So, This is me sitting in a hotel room on a Staycation (which actually turned into a workation 🙂 ) comparing in my head – Gurleen Kaur in 2005 with Gurleen Kaur Tikku in 2022 and realising I need to thank for a lot of things.
- Thank my father Late S. Trilok Singh jee who was, is and will always be my role model in my life. Its been 17 years, I haven’t seen him, but he is my guiding light. Thank you Papa.
- Thank my mother , Parveen Kaur who became one strong pillar to me after my Papa passed away when I was 21. From a typical joint family housewife, she became one independent women who took charge of her kids and finances in a beautiful way. Thank you Mumma.
- Thank my husband Gurpreet Singh Tikku and my biggest support system for believing in me and keep telling me that your potential is 200% in those early years when I had a feeling of living a very mediocre life. I always tell him , I am lucky that I have him on my side and I can’t thank my stars enough. Thank you once again Tikku jee.
- Thank my son Hargun Singh Tikku for being self sufficient in his studies , activities and kept learning and grew as a person . I started working when he was 5 months old in 2005 and now he is grown up Teenager. Never in my life I have felt that I did not give him enough time as he kept on shaping up beautifully at all levels. Thank you Hargun.
- Thank my Daughter Gurbani Kaur Tikku for being a caring and loving daughter who would make her meals , change her clothes and was almost independent when she was 5 years old. She keeps on saying every now and then , Dude ( she calls me dude 😉 ), you are the best and the coolest mumma one can have and I am proud of you. I am proud of you too Gurbani for becoming the best daughter 🙂 Thank you Gurbani
- Thank my sister Simarpreet Kaur who stood tall with me and the kids whenever we needed her, becoming the best Massi to my kids. She has taken care of my kids more than I could do in their initial growing years. She is one person I know, I can call at 3 am in the night and pour my heart out. Thank you Rubina ( her nick name) for being there always.
- Thank my in-laws for supporting me and believing in me. Never been questioned in my life for coming home late from work, all that they say is apna dhyan rakhna and that worked as an assurance for me.
- Thank my team members – to those who have worked with Hareepatti in big / small roles and to those who are working with us now and without their contribution, things would not have been the same.
- Thank my clients for having faith in us and trusting us.
- Thank all my household helps who kept my house running smoothly all these years so that I could go out and work comfortably without thinking about my house.
- In the end, I would like to Thank myself for kept walking , staying consistent and manifesting.
I was telling Tikku jee last night that Enablers in life are very important when you want grow personally and professionally. All the above have been great enablers for me.
I am grateful for who I am today. Gurleen Kaur Tikku is 2022 is someone who Gurleen Kaur manifested for 14 years back.
About the author: Gurleen Kaur Tikku is a Certified Financial Planner and devotes her time to her company www.hareepatti.com. She has done her Bachelors in Finance and Investment Analysis(BFIA) from College of Business Studies(CBS, Delhi) and Post Graduation from IMT, Ghaziabad. She can be Contacted at [email protected]